Your details are safe at all times.
National Bee Supplies is 100% committed to respecting your personal privacy and protecting information about you. The following notes explain how we collect, process and protect any information that you give us.
The information that we hold is held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. We do not store credit or debit card details. Data may be stored for up to 5 years but we will never keep it for longer than necessary.
We may share your data with 3rd parties for the following reasons:
- To fulfil your order - we may need to pass you’re details to delivery companies, credit card clearing agencies or other sub suppliers.
- To send you marketing information. You may choose not to be sent this information, please see marketing preferences below
- For the purpose of understanding our customers better - we may pass on information for research or profiling purposes. We will only pass on the information that they need to perform their function.
- If you have agreed to receive mailing and offers from 3rd party companies whose products we thought might interest you, we work with the Abacus Alliance to do this.
Click here to watch a short video on the benefits of allowing your data to be shared with The Abacus Alliance (opens in a new window)You can opt out at any time, please see marketing preferences below
What data do we collect?
We hold your information for the purpose of administering your account, fulfilling orders and marketing. During registration and ordering process we may collect some or all of the following information.
- Your name and address
- Your contact telephone numbers (to enable us to contact you in the event of a query)
- Your e-mail address
- For credit / debit card purchases your card details
- Confirmation you are over 18 years of age (this is required to ensure inappropriate goods are not shipped to minors)
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We will confirm your personal details on our acknowledgement of order. If you have registered you may check or amend your personal within the my account screen. You may also check, amend or remove your personal details by contacting us, writing to us or telephoning us.
We also collect non-personal information on general website usage; how people arrive at and navigate the website, and how visitors use the pages offered. This information provides essential feedback for us showing the effectiveness of our online marketing. This information is not directly correlated against individuals.
Email & Telephone Data
We will never pass on your email address or telephone address to any 3rd party for the purposes of marketing, we may transfer your details to one of our sub suppliers for the contractual purposes of administering your order.
Marketing and updating your contact preferences
By buying or registering an account with National Bee Supplies we feel you would like to be kept informed about our products. We will therefore send you regular catalogues unless you have told us otherwise and will only send you emails if you have agreed to this.
You can update your contact preferences at any time by logging into your account, by ringing our customer services department on 0844 326 2010, writing to National Bee Supplies. Hameldown House, Hameldown Road, Exeter Road Industrial Estate, Okehampton, Devon. EX20 1UB or contact us here
Definition of profiling
Our communications are designed to tell you about the benefits we can offer, so that you have exclusive access to our best deals. We use the information we have about you to tailor the content and try to ensure that the offers are as relevant to you as possible.
The Abacus Alliance
We work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to help the retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
Definition of trusted retail partners
By trusted retail partners, we mean companies operating in the gardening, clothing, collectables, food & wine, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories.
Transfer of Data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
From time to time the information you have provided may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing and processing. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you're agreeing to the transfer, storing and processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy
Our Contact details:
National Bee Supplies is part of Suttons Consumer Products LtdHameldown House Hameldown Road Exeter Road Industrial Estate Okehampton, Devon EX20 1UB
Registered in England and Wales: 28448
Customer Services: 0333 240 6160
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit certain websites. We use a number of different cookies on the Shopify website, including necessary, functional, performance and targeting cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor. We use this information to improve the browsing experience for all of our users.
What cookies do we use and why?
Some cookies are necessary to allow you to browse our website, use its features, and access secure areas. The use of these cookies is essential for the website to work, and we do not use these cookies to collect personal information about you. For example, we use user-input cookies for the duration of a session to keep track of a user’s input when filling in forms that span several pages.
We also use functional cookies to remember choices you’ve made or information you’ve provided, such as your username, language, or the region you are in. This allows us to tailor your website experience specifically to your preferences. For example, authentication cookies are functional cookies that are used for the duration of a session (or persistent, if you agree to the “remember me” function) to allow users to authenticate themselves on subsequent visits or to gain access to authorized content across pages. The functional cookies we use include:
- User-centric security cookies to detect authentication abuses for a limited persistent duration, like repeated failed login attempts. These cookies are set for the specific task of increasing the security of the service.
- Multimedia content player session cookies (flash cookies) are used for the duration of a session to store technical data needed to play back video or audio content (e.g. image quality, network link speed, and buffering parameters).
- Load balancing session cookies are used for the duration of the session to identify the same server in the pool in order for the load balancer to redirect user requests appropriately.
- User interface customization persistent cookies are used to store a user’s preference regarding a service across web pages.
Shopify is dedicated to user experience and we use many tools to help us improve our website. To this end, we use performance cookies to collect information about how you use our website and how often. These cookies only gather information for statistical purposes and do not gather any information that can personally identify you. However, because these cookies are not strictly necessary for the use of our website, we require your consent to use them. The performance cookies we use include:
- First party analytics cookies - We use these cookies to estimate the number of unique visitors, to improve our website and to detect the most searched for words in search engines that lead to a webpage. These cookies are not used to target you with online marketing. We use these cookies to learn how our website is performing and make relevant improvements to improve your browsing experience.
- We also use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers to help measure how users interact with our website content. These cookies “remember” what our users have done on previous pages and how they’ve interacted with the website. For more information on Google Analytics, visit Google’s information page. For instructions on how opt out of Google Analytics, see below.
Targeting cookies are used on our website to tailor marketing to you and your interests and provide you with a more personalized service in the future. These cookies remember that you visited our website and we may share this information with third-parties, such as advertisers. Although these cookies can track your visits to our website and other sites, they typically cannot personally identify you. Without these cookies, the advertisements that you see may be less relevant and interesting to you. We do not use third-party advertising cookies.
Finally, Social plug-in tracking cookies are used by many social networks that have “social plug-in modules”. We integrate these modules into our platform to provide services than can be considered as “explicitly requested” by our users. Your consent, however, is required because some third-party social plug-in tracking cookies are used for things like behavioural advertising, analytics, and/or market research.
How long will cookies remain on my computer or mobile device?
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 90 days and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device. See the section below on how to control cookies for more information on removing them before they expire.
How to control cookies?
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser's “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can opt out of customized ads by visiting:
To opt-out of Google Analytics:
If you use our website without opting out, it means that you understand and agree to data collection for the purpose of marketing ads to you.
This page was last updated on 08/03/2018